Thursday, 29 June 2017

Writing my First Draft and Creating a Writing Habit


Earlier this year I began a series of posts on writing that fizzled out as soon as I finished the first draft of my first novel. Recently I've begun editing that draft and have swapped part of it with a critique partner for feedback. Receiving feedback has reignited my enthusiasm, as have a few recent author talks.


In my latest video I talk about how I started writing, what my process was, and the resources that inspired me, including:

I've mentioned all of these before, but I want to mention them again because they really have helped to inspire me, particularly the podcast. I don't think you can listen to 150+ episodes of a podcast about writing without feeling inspired to write. The info is relevant, the interviewees are entertaining and educational, and you just never know what trick or method you'll learn from an episode.


If you have any resources that have inspired you or helped you to write, let me know! I'd also love to know what you're working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox