Friday, 22 April 2016

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater


To celebrate the release of The Raven King, I've been painting a series of nails to match The Raven Cycle series. You can find Part 1 (The Raven Boys) here, and Part 2 (The Dream Thieves) here.





Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
Published October 2014 by Scholasti
Source: the publisher
Rating: 4 stars

From the blurb: Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs. The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost. Friends can betray. Mothers can disappear. Visions can mislead. Certainties can unravel. 

Blue Lily, Lily Blue picks up over a month after the end of The Dream Thieves. Blue is missing Maura, Adam is learning from Persephone, Ronan is trying to work some magic, and Gansey is, as always, searching and planning. I had  issues with book two, and while I still didn't find this book had the momentum of The Raven Boys, I enjoyed it a lot more than the sequel.

It was great to be back with Blue and the boys, though the story was slow, and it took me over a month to read this, which is really odd for me. But, the pace picked up towards the end and I think there's a lot of momentum to lead on with in the final book, The Raven King.

Thank you to Scholastic for my copy.


I started with a base of white nail polish and used acrylic paint for the details.






2 comments:

  1. The colours for the cover of this one are phenomenal so of course I adore your mani to match! This one was a bit slower than the previous installments but I adored it all the same :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox