Monday, 21 March 2016

Cargo by Jessica Au

Cargo by Jessica Au
Pubished by PanMacmillan
Source: purchased
Rating: 4 stars

From the blurb: Gillian is fifteen, crippled by a tragic accident but dreams of swimming across oceans.Jacob is fourteen and yearns for his brother's life.Frankie is fifteen and in love with the new deckhand on her father's boat.As the story of these three desires intertwine over the course of one lazy summer in a small coastal town, Cargo is by turns heart-wrenching, beautiful and explosive.In a simple time of truth and change, these are characters who do not know themselves, yet through their innocence we come to understand what it means to be young, and have all the troubles in the world.

No review as I read this over a year ago. I remember loving the beach town setting, the characters, and the way their lives connected. It was beautifully written and I'm so glad I picked it up. It's a book I'd like to re-read and it's one I'd recommend to all YA and adult readers.


Illustrator: Leo Nickolls

You can read a piece by Jessica on what the cover design process was like for Cargo, and she linked to a hilarious post on how it usually works.

This is such a beautiful cover and I knew I had to paint it. I started with a base of white polish and used acrylic paint for the rest.






3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. wow, It's Great, Thanks so much,
      I share Nail Art new , http://nailcenter.us/5-salons-that-are-bringing-back-nail-art/
      Hope helpful anyone :)

      Delete
  2. wow, It's Great, Thanks so much,
    I share Nail Art new , http://nailcenter.us/5-salons-that-are-bringing-back-nail-art/
    Hope helpful anyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox