Friday, 12 February 2016

Every Move by Ellie Marney






Every Move (Every #3) by Ellie Marney
Published March 1, 2015 by Allen & Unwin
Source: purchased
Rating: 4 stars

From the blurb: Rachel Watts is suffering from recurring nightmares about her near-death experience in London. She just wants to forget the whole ordeal, but her boyfriend, James Mycroft, is obsessed with piecing the puzzle together and anticipating the next move of the mysterious Mr Wild - his own personal Moriarty.So when Rachel's brother, Mike, suggests a trip back to their old home in Five Mile, Rachel can't wait to get away. Unfortunately it's not the quiet weekend she was hoping for with the unexpected company of Mike's old school buddy, the wildly unreliable Harris Derwent.Things get worse for Rachel when Harris returns to Melbourne with them - but could Harris be the only person who can help her move forward? Then a series of murders suggests that Mr Wild is still hot on their tails and that Mycroft has something Wild wants - something Wild is prepared to kill for.Can Watts and Mycroft stay one step ahead of the smartest of all criminal masterminds? The stage is set for a showdown of legendary proportions... 

Every Move is the third and final book in the Every series by Australian author Ellie Marney. It's been over a month since they returned from London, Rachel still nursing injuries and Mycroft hellbent on continuing on the investigation. They soon realise that the mastermind behind the events in London has followed them home and now they and their families are in danger.

It's been two years since I read the second book, Every Word, but I fell back into the world of Rachel and Mycroft easily. Rachel's brother Mike invites an old friend from Five Mile to stay with them, Harris Derwent. Rachel's never been fond of him but she slowly realises there's more to him than she first thought. He's the only one to figure out she's having nightmares and offers to train her in self defense, something he turned to after being beaten by his alcoholic father.

Rachel and Mycroft's relationship has been weakened by what they went through, Rachel can't stand to be touched and Mycroft doesn't seem to notice her at all, let alone her issues. Realistically they would have been undergoing trauma therapy (coincidentally something I've been reading about lately), but the self defense training helped Rachel to a  degree, and Mycroft's love for Rachel woke him up to the danger they're in.

Mai and Gus play a small role in this book, but it was nice to see them again. I also liked the focus on the relationships between Rachel, Mike, and her mum. I thought Harris provided a good contrast to the regular cast, and he ended up playing a big role in the final showdown between with Mr Wild.

Every Move is a clever and satisfying end to the Every series, great for fans of crime, mystery, and romance.


I've done manicures to match Every Breath and Every Word so I had to do a final manicure for this series.



I used 2 coats of Nail It! Papaya and sponged on Ulta3 Black Satin.


2 comments:

  1. Great book review and you were spot on with the nail art too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to dive into book #2 - I know I still have time since book #3 isn't out over hear yet for a while but I'm really curious to go on with the series, since I adored the first installment. Naturally, I *had* to know how the ending was for you :) Lovely review as always and fantastic mani to match ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox