Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Mish Mash Challenge: Seasons


The final Mish Mash Challenge theme is: seasons. I was considering doing a mani I've seen where you have a tree stretched out over four nails, but seeing as we don't get such clear cuts seasons here, I decided to go with something a bit more Aussie.

I chose five Aussie flowers: our national emblem and four state emblems. Our national flower, Wattle, can flower during all seasons. The state flowers each bloom in a different season: Sturt's Desert Pea (summer), Cooktown Orchid (autumn), Waratah (winter), and Royal Bluebell (summer).

I started with 2 coats of Pop Beauty Mint Magic.


I painted the flowers with a fine brush and acrylic paint.


So, that's it for this Mish Mash Challenge! It's good timing because now my Wednesdays are freed up reviews but I've had a lot of fun, found lots of wonderful bloggers to follow, and tried different techniques. 


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wish I could see thm live in Australi:))
    I love that base color!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love the blue base color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The flowers are beautiful :) I also like that you didn't do the typical 4 seasons mani and customized it to where you're living

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh these are great. Looks great for the spring...which will hopefully come soon! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. those flowers look wonderful!
    I love all the details you made ;)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, you are really talented =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful flowers ! when i was down there , i saw desert pea in some national park or botanical garden,gorgeous ! you make it all beautiful! flowers are most likely on the nails !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I love the base colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that you used the Australian national flowers. And I really love that Pop blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with that color Mint Magic. Gorgeous flowers, and my eye is drawn to that pop of yellow. So pretty and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I especially like the yellow on your thumb.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox