Monday, 13 January 2014

The Eyes of the Dragon


I haven't been doing many bookish manicures lately, I've been doing regular nail art and nail art inspired by movies (I'll do a post on those soon) but this is one I did last month. I am a fan of Stephen King's books, especially The Dark Tower series - it is fantastic, I've re-read it about three times. So when a friend mentioned another of his books, set in one of the same worlds, I knew I had to read it. That book is The Eyes of the Dragon. I was drawn to this cover and knew I'd do nails to match.

I started with 2 coats of Models Own Blueberry Muffin (it's a scented polish and smells quite delish!) This is such a pretty pale blue, I need to use it more often.


I did the castle walls and the sun (or moon) with a fine brush and acrylic paint.





11 comments:

  1. I love his books! Great mani!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! Stephen King is one of my favorite authors as well ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just like the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! you aare unique bookish nail artist !love this mani !and color blue !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This manicure looks just soo creative, and I love how it matches with the book.
    I think this is a beautiful mani ;)
    Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing, you did a great job translating the cover onto your nails! Love me some Stephen King :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big secret - I've never read any Stephen King. :0 Actually I did read one Dark Tower graphic novel but that's it. I really do want to, it just hasn't happened yet. Love this manicure though. What an awesome cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wow... very good. I love Stephen King and haven't seen anyone paint their nails based off the books. Eyes of the Dragon is an amazing book. I love that it is King writing Fantasy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox