Saturday, 2 November 2013

The Trap Door


Happy weekend, folks! We don't really celebrate Halloween here in Aus, but I wanted to do some spooky nails for a competition. The first thing that came to mind was an old tv show called The Trap Door. It's from England and was created in the 80s, I remember it being on tv a lot when I was little.

Here's a clip for anyone who hasn't heard of it!


On my thumb, middle, and pinky nails I used Ulta3 Black Satin. On my index and ring nails I used Ulta3 Scarlet



Boni, the skull, was done with white, grey, and black acrylic paint. Berk, the blue guy, was done with blue and black acrylic paint, plus Barry M Matt White and Ulta3 Black Satan for his eyes. 



Drutt, the spider, was done with grey and black acrylic paint, and his eyes were done with Barry M Matt White and Ulta3 Black Satin. I did the eyes on my thumb and pinky nails with yellow acrylic paint and Ulta3 Black Satin. I did the trap door on my thumb with brown acrylic paint.



These were a lot of fun to do and thanks to watching episodes of it I have the theme song stuck in my head :)




5 comments:

  1. It's perfectly brilliant! :) Makes me grin, ear to ear! Beyond the fabulous art, what's the icing on the cake (as far as I'm concerned), is that stroll back memory lane. I mean....WOW! :)

    Happy weekend, love!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this show but those nails are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REMEMBER THIS SHOW! haha a bit excited there, but this brings back so many memores :P And your mani, so adorably cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! I remember this show, what a great idea to incorporate it into a Halloween manicure. The freehand is awesome, great job.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox