Monday, 21 October 2013

Seven Deadlies


Happy Monday, everyone!

Today I have manicure to match a new release: Seven Deadlies by Gigi Levangie. The fantastic cover was designed by Cecilia Ruiz, as well as the illustrations inside the book.

I didn't have a polish that perfectly matched the very pale yellow of the cover, but Picture Polish Nude was a close match, I used 3 coats.



For the palm tree-like designs I used green acrylic paint and a fine brush.



For Perry's plaits I used a dotting tool with black acrylic paint. I used brown acrylic paint and a fine brush to add her facial features.



For the shield/crest-like symbol I mixed up some orange which I applied with a fine brush. Once dry I added the inner white line before outlining it in green.




I'm really happy with how this turned out and there's something about this manicure that I love - I'm not sure if it's the pale base colour, or how well the colours all match, but I don't want to take this off. Covers like this make bookish manicures really fun!


5 comments:

  1. Quite cute and fun! I love this one. The book seems fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl is outrageously perfect, Mandee! You are so crazy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single one of these!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox