Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: rainbow


It's time for another installment of the Mish Mash Challenge hosted by Kimber's Lacquer Korner.

This week the theme is rainbow and I was feeling a bit uninspired as I've already done two rainbow-ish manicures this year: a rainbow gradient and rainbow stripes.

Then I remembered the neon waterfall manicure done by Sammy at The Nailsaurus and thought I'd change it up a bit and do a pastel rainbow waterfall. And then I decided to use grey as a base.

I started with 2 coats of Zoya Dove. Then I used the following polishes for the stripes: Barry M Dragonfruit, Barry M Peach Melba, Nailt It! Bahamas, Ulta3 Corsican Rose, Ulta3 Soft Hydrangea, and Mode Luv-A-Lot.





I really should have gone with a white base as I think the pastel colours would have popped a bit more, and I think I tried to squish in too many lines, oops!


15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I really like the grey with the pastels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love simple designs, they always look so impressive;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Rainbows can look harsh and this is so soft, love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I like it over the gray... I think it makes the colors softer and more dreamy. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I Love the pastel look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually really like it over that base color. White would have been good, too, but I think would have been a totally different look. I love rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Ive been wanting to try this technique since I saw it! I think you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. I disagree, I think the grey is beautiful, and gives the whole thing a peaceful vibe to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too, like it over the grey. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, this is really pretty! A less in your face way to wear a rainbow, looks lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the base anyway! I agree with someone above who said white would have made it a totally different mani!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute pastel rainbow! I like your take on the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty...the softer side of the rainbow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely manicure! I love waterfalls, I have to try this technique, the final result is stunning. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks beautiful! I love the pastel look, I think it looks great over gray!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox