Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: pink - Withering Tights


This week the theme of Kimber's Mish Mash Challenge is pink! I was feeling a little uninspired and all I could think of to go with pink were hearts or pigs. Anyway, I spotted a book on my shelf and decided to use that for pink week.

The book is Withering Tights by Louise Rennison. I adore her Georgia Nicolson series and can't wait to start this series because her books are hilarious.



On my thumb, index, and ring nails I started with 2 coats of Barry M Matt White. Once dry I taped off my thumb and index nails and painted the gaps with Mode Cosmetics Fresh Melon.



On my middle and pinky nails I used WnW Lavender Creme. I used a dotting tool and Ulta3 Black Satin to add the dotted outline.



On my ring nail I used a fine paint brush and black acrylic paint to paint the legs and cloud. I filled in the stripes using WnW Lavender Creme.





I'm happy I went with this book, the cover was a lot of fun to replicate and it reminded me that I want to start this book soon!

11 comments:

  1. I adore your blog, I can find out about so many great books:) I love hilarious books and I'll try to find this one soon:)
    And great mani of course:) The ring nail looks exactly like a cover, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that book sounds hilarious and it's got the greatest cover! Awesome job turning it into a mani! Love it! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did great with your ring!! And that book looks funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job recreating the cover! Love your ring finger :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this little legs on your tights. Super cute! I have been meaning to start this series. The US cover is cute but I think your version is better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Love this!! And your ring finger is amazing!

    Can't wait to read a review of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite amazing artwork.. Love this. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha it's promising! The title is a nice hint to Wuthering Heights, I just hope it will be funnier ;) Your nails sure are! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE this book and i was so excited when i saw you had done a nail design for it!! Hope you enjoy the book

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox