Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: Book - If You Find Me


This week the theme of the Mish Mash Challenge is book! I usually post a book manicure on Mondays but this week I did a second one so I had something to share today as well.

The book I chose is If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch. I received this for review and was surprised when I received a lovely hardback with a gorgeous cover. It features blue woods, a fire, and a pretty silver border.



I started by painting my nails with 2 coats of Orly La Playa



On each nail, excluding my ring nail, I used a fine brush and acrylic paint to do the trees, I mixed up two different shades of blue.


Once dry I used a fine brush and Ulta3 Glamourpuss to add the silver border around each nail.



On my ring nail I sponged the tip of my nail with Sinful Colors Pistache**. Then I painted the shape of the fire with white acrylic paint and when that was dry I painted over the white with China Glaze Glowing Orange - it's a very sheer orange and didn't really show up once I was done. Inside the orange I painted the fire with Ulta3 Glamourpuss. At the base I used yellow and white acrylic paint. For the wood I used brown acrylic paint.



This is such a beautiful cover and I have read glowing reviews so I can't wait to read it!


**This is an old bottle of polish that I have, I no longer buy the Sinful Colors brand.

12 comments:

  1. they look fabulous! You are really artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool mani. I love the colors on this cover and the cover itself is gorgeous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is so pretty and you recreated it perfectly! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! You did such a great job of recreating the cover! I especially love your bon fire! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this week's theme, I immediately thought of you! I was wondering all week what you'd pick, haha. Excellent recreation of the cover, love the silver borders. Hope the book is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo...I like these a lot! I hope you'll tell us how the book is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you recreated the cover! The colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your recreation ^^ The cover is gorgeous, your nail art too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great job recreating the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the manicure, a perfect reproduction of the book cover! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox