Friday, 11 October 2013

Geometric scarf nails


Morning all and happy Friday! I thought I'd start sharing some of my non-bookish nail art on Fridays and today I want to start with some nails I did to match a scarf. I saw this scarf in a store and immediately thought the print would make for a great mani.

On my thumb I used 2 coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl. On my index and middle nails I used 2 coats of L.A Colors Color Craze Electric Shock. On my ring and pinky nails I used 2 coats of Ulta3 Pearly Grape.



Once dry I painted the lower half of middle and ring nails on the diagonal with Orly Liquid Vinyl.



Once dry I used a fine brush and CG White Out to paint the diamonds and a dotting tools for the circles.





I did these about a month ago now and I'm glad I did because it's too hot for scarves now, even light ones like this!

6 comments:

  1. lovely scarf and very elegant manicure- fantastic idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! What a great inspiration :) Btw, you left me a lovely comment on my The Handmaid's Tale manicure and, because my phone is "special", I accidentally deleted it. I just wanted to say thank you, and let you know that I didn't do it on purpose...not sure if Google notifies you when that happens? Anyway, keep up the wonderful work over here and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Love your inspiration for this... you did a fab job of translating that into your nails. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white. gives me images of Paris in the sixties in cool smoky jazz clubs and art galleries. and good idea to team it with a bright colour on the same nail, stops it from becoming a bit marylin manson. will definitely keep an eye on your work from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! They look very unique and the black and white designs look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails really match your scarf. I like the geometric design.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox