Monday, 28 October 2013

Finding Freia Lockhart


Last week I read two fantastic books, Finding Freia Lockhart and Freia Lockhart's Summer of Awful by Aimee Said. These books were so funny, realistic, and wonderful. I was inspired by the first book to do a bookish manicure to match.

On my thumb and index nails I started with a coat of Nubar Barricade. Then I sponged on China Glaze Elephant Walk followed by Priti NYC Lambs Ears. Once dry I used a fine brush and acrylic paint to paint the bricks.



On my middle and index nails I started with Barry M Dragonfruit. I used a dotting tool and Nubar Barricade to add the eyelets. I used white acrylic paint to add the toe of the sneakers, the shoelaces, and the dots.



On my pinky I used L.A Girl Brites Kryptonite and Ulta3 Fruit Loop.



I knew from the start that while these elements all looked good on the cover, they might not work out in manicure form, but I really wanted to include all three ideas. 




6 comments:

  1. OMG, there's actually a few of you doing these beautiful manicures with book themes? My mind is officially blown! I'm really loving your shoelaces nail art! There's no way I can participate myself because I'm terrible at painting my nails, but I'm excited to see what else you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wall effect nails! And the combination of pink and green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little shoe nails. They are so cute! And I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this blog and,, I love it! Your Nail arts look soo cute, especially this one! :) xx Julia

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox