Monday, 7 October 2013

All the Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry


I was feeling a little indecisive today and couldn't decide what book to choose. In the end I went with one of my new faves, All the Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry. This is such a wonderful story, I highly recommend it! I painted my nails to match the front and back covers.



I painted my thumb and pinky nails with Ulta3 Black Satin.



I painted my index, middle, and ring nails with Ulta3 Lily White. On my index nail I added a red diagonal tip.


I sponged my middle and ring nails with the Models Own Utopia followed by Zoya Dove. Then I used a fine brush and black acrylic paint to add the forest floor and the trees. On the top of each nail I sponged on Mode Cosmetics Messed Up and Nubar Barricade. I added the canopy with a fine brush and black acrylic paint.


I like this but I don't love it. I think it's because I wasn't sold on the idea of doing nail art for this cover. I much prefer the UK version, it's pretty and suits the story a lot more






4 comments:

  1. I'm seriously amazed at the level of detail you put into your nails, I would never have the patience nor the talent to make trees and have them actually look like trees. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks great, Mandee. That red looks like it matches really well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! You never fail to amaze me.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a tricky cover for nail art. I think you did great though, I especially love the red/white nail for the title.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox