Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: Blue


The theme for week 9 of the Mish Mash Challenge is: blue. I happened to be reading a book with a very blue cover and I know we have book week coming up soon, but seeing as how I love book manis, I decided to do one this week.

The book is Requiem by Lauren Oliver, the final book in the Delirium series.

I started with two coats of Mode Cosmetics Happy Snaps, a lovely bright blue.


Then I took a little piece of make up sponge and dabbed on O.P.I Teal the Cows Come Home** across the middle of each nail.


On the top of each nail I sponged on China Glaze White Out for the sun and the clouds.



Above the water and below the sun and clouds I used Ulta3 Get Teal and a fine brush to paint the mountains.


On the base of each nail I sponged WnW Nocturnal and over that some Ulta3 Get Teal

Then I used black acrylic paint and a fine brush to paint on the vegetation and to paint Lena on my ring nail.


Done! This is such a pretty book cover and I'm glad I was reading it during blue week!


** This is an old bottle of O.P.I, it's no longer a brand that I will buy.

21 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! This one is amazing :) The detail is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job here! I absolutely love your mani! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how perfect that you read this book in blue week. Such amazing detail as always Mandee. And isn't book week gonna be right up your alley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! This is great!! And I just happen to be finishing up that book right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool.. I love these so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful interpretation of blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is stunning and so well done!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this is lovely, well done on those details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredible!! A beautiful recreation of the book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this mani! It looks so good and matches the cover perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! You did such a fantastic job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look super complicated and they came out awesome! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful, you did an amazing job, so accurate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute!!! It looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing.... so beautiful and adorable :)
    LOVE IT!!
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! You did an amazing job with this one ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look amazing! I love the somewhat sponged look :) Love that book too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so jealous of people who can do such fantastic nail art. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox