Monday, 23 September 2013

Fangirl


Hi all, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Earlier this year I attend BEA (these are the nails I wore while there). One day I lined up with some friends to get a copy of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. We almost didn't as the line, like all lines at BEA, looked like it was a thousand people long, but we were told to jump on the end because we made the cut! I'm so glad we did as I read the book this weekend and it was good, plus I got to meet Rainbow on the day and she had her nails done to match her book:


Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl manicure


Her husband did them for her, how awesome are they? She had Simon and Baz on her thumbs and the rest of her nails were painted to match the colours of the cover. I decided to try my hand at a Fangirl manicure, too!

I started with 1 coat of WnW Tropicalia on my thumb, index, and pinky nails. Then I painted the tips diagonally with WnW I Need a Refresh-Mint.



On the base of my middle and ring nails I used 3 coats of China Glaze White Out. Once dry I used Glam Nails nail art pen in Jet Black to draw the outline of Levi and Cath. 



I coloured in their faces using a fine brush and acrylic paint.



Please excuse my thumb! I found this WnW polish to be really thick and I kept knocking my nails on things and had already re-done them once.



I'm pretty happy with how these turned out, this is a book cover that lends itself so well to nail art! Want to see another Fangirl mani? Check out Britt's fantastic version!


13 comments:

  1. Those are AMAZING! I still need to get a copy of Fangirl (been waiting for a chance to get to the bookstore), but I'm dying to read it.

    Sara at The Page Sage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I've been contemplating reading fangirl, but haven't decided if I'm going to or not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! Your nail art Cath is amazing :) I've been wanting to read Fangirl but haven't been able to yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! I love wearing nail polish but I cannot do nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I LOVE THIS BOOK. I love Rainbow. I SUPER LOVE the boy lead (spoiler free comments:) and now that I'm done reading the book I MISS HIM. I'll be meeting Rainbow on 11/9, pretty psyched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeee! So awesome! Another nail art fan ;) Your take is gorgeous too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love!!! What a great job! I love the girl's hair! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome, Mandee. I love it and they faces match really well. We must be thinking alike because I just did an Eleanor & Park manicure, too. And you're right, her covers are so perfect for manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cover really is perfect for nail art. Rainbow's are super cute. I love your Cath and Levi ones!!! Maybe one day I'll try people on my nails. It just seems hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE this :) You are so darn talented sweetie :)
    I have a surprise for you on my blog... a very long overdue surprise but still a surprise :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you and Rainbow Rowell's husband should have a book mani off. :) Seriously, these are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read Fangirl awhile back, these are so flippin awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox