Monday, 9 September 2013

Almost English


My current read at the mo is Almost English by Charlotte Mendelson and I did my nails to match because I've wanted to since I first received the book.



I started with 2 coats of China Glaze White Out



Once dry I used some Bic Mark It pens to draw on the girl, Marina, as well as a couple of floral graphics used on the cover.



I had another nail art pen in mind when it came to the fleur-de-lis on my ring nail, but unfortunately I did my nails first thing in the morning while my boyfriend was still asleep and I didn't want to go searching for it in our ensuite (that's where I keep all my polish) and wake him up in the process.



For the most part I'm happy with how these turned out although I do wish I'd been able to fit all of Marina on my nail, but by the time I'd drawn her hair and head I knew I'd made her too large, so her legs got left off!

This is such a pretty cover and it's one that lends itself well to being turned into a manicure - thank you, cover designer!



5 comments:

  1. She still looks great even without legs :) Love the other flourishes too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover to this one. Is this another Aussie exclusive? You guys get the best covers. Love the nails. The girl looks especially good, and the colors are perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how the girl is bigger on your nail, there's more detail. You've done a wonderful job replicating the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox