Wednesday, 28 August 2013

The Bone Season


Hello hello! Today I have a manicure to share that was inspired by a book receiving a lot of hype right now! The book is The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I was going to go to the launch last week but didn't feel well. Here are the nails I did!



On all of my nails exlcuding my index, I started with 2 coats of Ulta3 Hollywood. On my index nail I used 2 coats of Ulta3 Lily White.



On my middle and ring nails I used a thin brush and Ulta3 Sizzling Red to paint the petals of the flower. I then used Ulta3 Lily White to add the circle in the middle.



Finally on my index nail I used Ulta3 Gold Rush Fever and a thin brush to paint the symbol, as well as the arrows on my middle nail.



This one was fun to do, I love a cover with a good graphic that can easily be transferred into a bookish manicure!


7 comments:

  1. These are great. I think that graphic does transfer very well. Lovely nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Great job on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i have heard a lot of good things about this book. and i totally almost bought a book yesterday that i thought would make an awesome manicure. but it only had so so reviews and i was on the fence. i don't think i should buy books for mani ideas, right? i have so many books... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are GORGEOUS, just as beautiful as the book cover itself!

    Sara at The Page Sage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails look so so so great, Mandee! I don't know how you do this! Seriously. I do well if I stay within the lines of my nails with a normal paint brush! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The detail on this mani is crazy! I just got the book today so I hope it's good.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox