Thursday, 8 August 2013

Skittlette: multicoloured waterfall nails


Hey all!

I've been enjoying creating skittlette manicures, inspired by Marta at Chit Chat Nails - they're a great way to mix up your manis and incorporate different textures and patterns.

Today is my birthday so I wanted to create some bright, festive birthday nails! I took inspiration from Sammy at The Nailasaurus who has done some lovely waterfall manicures.

On my thumb and index nails I used 2 coats of Ulta3 Eighties Fuchsia - I have two bottles of this that look slightly different, I used the pinker version.




On my middle, ring, and pinky I used 2 coats of Ulta3 Lily White. I followed that up with stripes of Ulta3 Eighties Fuchsia, Carrp Top (orange), Jelly (green), and L.A Colors Color Craze Sea Siren (blue). On my pinky I added two coats of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday.



I was really happy with these, they're so bright and fun, plus I love the waterfall nails - they look like bright streamers :)



10 comments:

  1. What a bright and happy manicure! Great job on the skittle :) Happy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these nails, mandee. you're right, they are super bright and the waterfalls look like streamers. perfect for a birthday mani.

    happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I love the waterfall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! The waterfall is great -- it's on my must-try list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! :) I'm loving your colorful waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! That is a really beautiful and fun nail design to wear. I can see you're loving your Ulta3s right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Your nails are perfect and festive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday for yesterday, hope you had a fab day! Your nails really look like balloons, streamers & confetti! Such a fun look for your special day :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning! I love this, so summery as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this manicure. Very bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox