Monday, 12 August 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: Taping


Evening all! I'm a little late but I have my Mish Mash Challenge entry for this week to share with you!

This week the theme was taping and I wanted to give zigzag stripes another go because my experience with craft scissors and tape didn't work out so well last time!



I wanted to try out some of the new polish I received last week, starting with Salon Perfect Kaboom - matte blue & green glitter in a clear base. I layered 2 coats over 2 coats of Ulta 3 Lily White on my middle and ring nails, and I also painted the rest of my nails with the same white.



For the zigzags I used a new pair of pinking scissors and Scotch tape. I added strips to my nails and painted in between with another new polish: WnW Listening to Blue Reed. The zigzags didn't have the clearest lines so I neatened them up with a fine brush.

Here's a closer look at Kaboom - it's an awesome polish!



And that's it for me this week, I'm looking forward to catching up on what everyone else did!





10 comments:

  1. Love your zigzags and the polishes you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your lines very neat so you did a great job with that ^^ Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Super tape job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting combo! I like how it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love manicures like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the Kaboom looks over white. And your zigs are such a nice compliment to Kaboom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been meaning to try chevrons with craft scissors but haven't even managed to get the scissors yet. :) i like this look though. the white makes everything pop. and your lines look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks nice! I like Kaboom - nice contrast with the blue/white stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the combination of the glitter polish and the zig zags. Its really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox