Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: Metallic


It's week three of the Mish Mash Challenge hosted by Kimber's Lacquer Korner! This week the theme is metallic.

A local chemist had some polish on clearance for $1 each so naturally I stopped by to check out their stock, I picked up Kleancolor Metallic Black and thought this was a good chance to try it out.

I decided to do a skittlette and started with 2 coats of Kleancolor Metallic Black on my thumb and index nails.




On my middle, ring, and pinky nails I used 2 coats of Natio Stardust which is a pretty metallic coffee colour. Over this I stamped using Kleancolor Metallic Black and Cheeky plate CH33 - the pattern looks like little cogs so I figured that suited the metallic theme, too!




Finally on my pinky nail I added 4 metal studs that I purchased from ebay. They were listed as black studs but they look more like graphite or charcoal.



I really like this look, it's not as bright as I'd usually choose to go and I was happy to discover another polish that works well for stamping :)

24 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this one Mands, gorgeous colours and the stamping is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! The studs give it a fierce fierce look that I can only love <3 And the stamped design reminds me of the various instruments used by Lyra in the book Northern Lights... Or what I thought they would resemble :) Great manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! I love both the colors and the stamping looks amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stamping is fantastic! I like the Kleankolor black - and mixed with that caramel/coffee color looks fabulous. The studs are pretty cool, but I would put my own eye out with those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great job on this! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I love the Stardust color, and the stamping looks fabulous -- very steampunk :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks so great! I love the skittlette everything works so well together. You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stamping looks perfect! Very rock-n-roll!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm LOVING it!

    Brava! (standing up, according due respect) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those studs! I'd totally put an eye out with them, but they look fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The spikes on the pinky are so awesome as well as the whole mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh very steampunk. i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super pretty!!! How long did the spikes hold up!? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fab! Very steam punk and I love the black!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great manicure! I love the studs and your stamping skills are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm diggin this, those spikes are fierce!! I need to get my hands on some of those! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun (and dangerous) manicure. Love that black!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, I love this mani!!!!!!!!! Everything is perfect, from both the polishes you picked, to the stamping pattern and the studs! Woooo, you're a winner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job! Your stamping is flawless :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this! That stamp is very cool, and I love what you did with the spikes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox