Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Fairytales for Wilde Girls


Morning! Today I want to share a mani I did for a wonderful new novel, Fairtytales for Wilde Girls by Allyse Near. The cover is gorgeous, as are the illustrations inside, and I was determined to try this cover as a manicure, despite being worried I could not do it justice.



On every nail apart from my middle one, I used 2 coats of Nails Inc. Kensington which is a rich, dark bottle green. On my middle nail I used 2 coats of Picture Polish Nude.



On my thumb and pinky nails I used a small brush and Barry M Mushroom to do the branches and added China Glaze Kalahari Kiss to give them texture.



On my index nail I painted the mushrooms using a fine brush, China Glaze White Out and Ulta3 Cherrylicious. I added the dots with a dotting tool.



On my middle pinky I used a fine brush and Orly Liquid Vinyl to do the bunny, and I dotted on his eye and nose using the same red and white mentioned above. I was really happy with how Bunny turned out but I can't say the same for the next nail..



Finally on my ring nail I wanted to paint Isola. I did everything but her face, using China Glaze White Out for her skin, China Glaze Kalahari Kiss and Ulta3 Pale Dahlia for her hair. Then I attempted her facial details about 3 times but I just did not have anything fine enough to let me do detailed eyes, a nose or a mouth so I gave up and gave her 2 dots for eyes and a small smile. I'm sorry, Isola - she looks nothing like you!



And that's it - overall I'm happy with them and I knew from the beginning I was never going to be able to capture the look of Isola from the cover, but they were fun to do :)


13 comments:

  1. Awesome job on each character on the nails! So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny! Looks just like the rabbit on the book cover. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to admit that looking at the girl closely the dotted eyes did freak me a little lol. But overall you did a good job especially on the mushrooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl you have done a wonderful job here! I am in awe with this manicure :D Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is what the bunny was originally for. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the rabbit came out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, you're so clever! And what was the book like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I love this book and I love your nails. Especially the mushroom and gargoyle ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a fantastic job! I love the mushrooms as well. Also you've prompted me to add this book to a wishlist and hope I can get it in Canada. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet! I like the mushroom nail and the bunny nail best <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this book cover and your mani. if i ever manage to get this book, i am totally going to try for a matching manicure.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox