Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Zac & Mia


Today is the release day for a new Aussie YA novel, Zac & Mia by A.J Betts. As soon as I saw the cover I knew it would be one I recreated in manicure-form. The biggest issue for me was finding the right shade of yellow. I am really picky about matching colours to the cover and all of my pale yellows were too yellow. I did a lot of searching online before I saw Inglot 968. I decided it was the one and rushed over to the only Inglot store in Sydney.

Here's a shot of it on its own just because it's so lovely



I started with 2 coats of Inglot 968 which applied really well, especially for a yellow polish.



I used the simplest method for this mani and chose to use nail art pens, rather than polish - it made the details a lot easier to do.



I used Glam Nails nail art pen in Jet Black for the outline and pupil, and Cherry Red for the petals and iris.



It's quite a simple mani, but I think it matches the sparse look of the cover. I was also thrilled to find out that the yellow did match the cover perfectly - definitely worth the dash across town!


6 comments:

  1. Pretty yellow~ Your nails matched the book cover so well too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you found the exact right shade of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mani and that is a beautiful shade of yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that yellow matches perfectly and i love the overall mani. the book cover is gorgeous and your nails look great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does match so perfectly! I love this. It is simple, but very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That buttercream yellow is so pretty. Thanks for the book! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox