Saturday, 6 July 2013

Torn


Happy weekend, everyone! We're off on a mini road trip up the coat today and I thought I'd share another mani before we go.



This manicure is for a book called Torn by David Massey. I really like the speckled orange look to the cover as well as the gorgeous white poppy.



I started with 2 coats of Zoya Jancyn, then I used a make up sponge to dab on three colours: dark orange (China Glaze oh How Street It Is), red (WnW Red Red), and white (WnW French White Creme).



I used a small bevel brush and WnW French White Cream to paint on the poppy. For the centre of the poppy I used WnW Black Creme, a dotting tool and a fan brush. 



And finally for the barbed wire I used a Glam Nails nail art pen in jet black. I drew on two straight lines that crossed towards one corner and then added on the knotted spikes.



And that's it for today! I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend :)


9 comments:

  1. Awesome manicure inspired by the book cover! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever! Love the speckles and the barbed wire! So different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I heard about you in Girlfriend magazine and I love you! To make it even better-you love books just like me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are always so amazing Mandee! I love the color of this manicure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting for you to do a mani to this! :) It looks fabulous - I love the shade of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks exactly like the cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that flower matches perfectly, mandee. i haven't seen this book yet but i want to check it out now. great look, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa - thanks, hun!

    Belle - it was v.different to what I'd usually choose to wear!

    Greta - hey! I'm glad you found my blog thanks to the magazine :) I'm glad you love books too!

    Alexa - thank you, lovely!

    Michelle - the wait is over! I like this orange and should wear it more often!

    Chantelle - thanks!!

    Thuy - thank you, I hope you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm such a dum dum. I remembered this cover from VYAN but couldn't remember the title. I thought it was Playing Tyler by TL Costa and ended up getting that by mistake. Oh well, hopefully Playing Tyler is good too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox