Wednesday, 17 July 2013

The Weight of Water


Evening all! Tonight I want to share a mani that I did to match a really lovely YA novel written in verse, The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan. I adored the shade of blue and the little red suitcase and could't wait to manicurise this cover!



I started with 2 coats of WnW French White Creme. Once dry I painted Zoya Robyn onto a wedge-shaped make up sponge and sponged every nail apart from my index nail. 



For the suitcase I used a very thin brush and Ulta3 Scarlet. Once dry I added the heart using WnW French White Creme.



For the raindrops on the index mail I used a thin bruch and a couple of different blue and green polishes: Natio Turquoise, Orly Snowcone, Nail It! Cornflower, Ulta3 Corsican Rose, and an unnamed bottle of a pale mint green from L.A Colors Color Craze.



Lastly I drew on the two outlined raindrops using Glam Nails nail art pen in Baby Blue.



I really enjoyed creating this look - I love book covers that involve bright pops of colour on white and the same goes for manicures with the same look :)

9 comments:

  1. that looks like an oliver jeffers cover. :) love the cover and love your nails. the little water droplets are perfect and the red suitcase is adorable. i love red and blue together so i might be partial but i think this mani looks awesome, mandee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are so cute and represent the cover really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous nails! I really love the cover of The Weight of Water and so need to get my hands on a copy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful rendition. As always. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous nails! I love this cover and adore the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thuy - thank you so much :) I think red & blue is a good colour combo, too!

    Lisa - thank you :)

    Lucy - I hope you do get a copy and enjoy the story!

    Lisa - thank you, lovely!

    Belle - isn't it a lovely book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The suitcase is really quirky. I think it's fab how you manage to get really great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cover and beautiful nail art interpretation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox