Monday, 10 June 2013

The Dream Thieves


Hey all! I'm back home which is great but I also miss being on holiday! Today I want to share the manicure I did for BEA, it's for a book called The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. It was one of the books I was hoping to pick up because I loved the first book in the series last year.

I started with a base of Wet N White French White Crème. On my index finger I used a brush and Nubar Barricade to create the symbol from the cover. I would have liked the lines to be thinner but I didn't have my full brush set with me so I had to use a medium brush rather than a fine one.

For my ring finger I used the same brush and Nubar Dusk Till Dawn to paint on the raven. Once dry, I went over him with Glam Nails nail art pen in Jet Black.


And for the last 3 nails I used the same brush and No Miss Plant City Punch to create the pink waves. I added the black lines with Glam Nails nail art pen in Jet Black.


I took the photo above at BEA in front of a poster in the Scholastic booth and later that day we lined up for an ARC drop and were the first to get copies! I had two books I was really hoping to get and this book was one of them (the second was Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein and I got that too - mission accomplished!)

I took this photo later that day with the copy I was lucky enough to receive. I'm so excited to read this sequel but I feel like I need to delay reading it because it's not out for a few more months!



8 comments:

  1. love it! i am totally jealous of your bea haul. these nails look awesome and match the cover so well. i really need to get a brush set because i find myself wanting to paint fine lines but have nothing to do it with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! The white really makes the designs pop. And I cannot even express how desperate I am for this book to come out, so I'm definitely admiring the nails and ARC equally enviously, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just knock my socks off with your lacquer-ly interpretations!

    Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!!!
    you are just amazing :)
    I can´t visit your blog without saying OOH or WOW :D
    Btw, I have given you the Sunshine Award on my blog :)
    hugs
    xx
    http://shortylegsbeauty.blogspot.fi/2013/06/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, especially the gray symbol. So glad you got the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love your inspiration and I think you did a great job interpreting it into a mani. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this book, could not put it down it kept me guessing, the storyline is different and interesting. I will recommended.
    Highly recommended Alaska Brown Bear Hunts coastal

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox