Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Wildlife by Fiona Wood


Hey kids! Today I have manicure to match a soon-to-be released Aussie YA book: Wildlife by Fiona Wood. It is such a fantastic book, one of my faves this year.



For this mani I started with a base of Zoya Robyn. Then I used a piece of make up sponge and Barry M Matt White to add on the clouds.



For the grass I sponged using Australis Limited Edition 2 followed by Nubar Green tea. I dotted on the flowers with Ulta3 Frangipani



Onto the boots! I was determined to include these even though I knew I'd have to make them pretty small. For the boots on my ring finger I used a fine brush, Nail It! Space Invaders, and Wet N Wild Nocturnal for a bit of detail. The socks were done with Ulta3 Frangipani and Zoya Perry.

For the ones on my middle finger I used Zoya Gemma and Ulta3 Scarlet for the laces. The socks were done with Butter London Lady Muck.


I didn't love these at first but they grew on me and I wore them for almost a week, plus they were a nice reminder of the story which I adored :)

I'm heading off to the USA this week but I have a few more posts scheduled and hopefully I'll have time to do some more manis and get my nails done while I'm in the States!


8 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm amazed that you managed to paint on the shoes too!! The colors are so bright and cheery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely nails :) I love that you've painted the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed! I love your nailart :)And I love me some Aussie YA so I am super excited to discover this one.

    I wish you a super trip to the US, are you going to BEA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, sweet! I love your manis. Just love 'em to pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaw so adorablle :)
    You are just amazing when it comes to nail art sweetie :) Its such a joy to watch :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had time, patience or ability I would totally do my nails in some of your book inspired designs. They are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this one put a smile on my face, gazing up at the clouds is something I love to do and was in fact doing late this arvo while watching a whole flock of starlings flying around busily catching bugs.
    Again your attention to detail is superb!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox