Friday, 3 May 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird


Happy Friday, folks! Recently I've been reading a lot of classics via audio books and I adored both the story and the cover of To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, so I decided to do a manicure to match.

For the green nails I used 2 coats of Butter London Bossy Boots. Then I used striping tape to tape off two lines, one I painted with Orly Liquid Vinyl and the other with Zoya Jancyn.

For the orange nails I used 2 coats of Zoya Jancyn. To paint the tree I used Orly Liquid Vinyl and a fine brush, and for the leaves Butter London Bossy Boots which I dabbed on using a brush.




I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :)


9 comments:

  1. Omg, I love this so much. Those accent nails are awesome, but the simplicity of the light green and stripes is awesome! I'm going to have to try that sometime... I think I could handle stripes... /awkward nail-painter lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Probably one of my favorites so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't audio books the best (that is, when our hands need to be elsewhere)?

    With these nails, I don't miss the physical book, at all!

    Gorgeous.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing! I love it. BTW, I found your blog through Google a couple weeks ago and didn't realize until today that you were Mandee from VeganYANerds. Lol. I'm a bit slow sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki - give it a go!

    Angie & The Page Sage - thank you!

    Lisa - yes, I really love audio books, they are so good for when I'm in the car or cooking!

    Britt - thanks!

    Kristen - yes, it's ME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so, so beautiful, Mandee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous! I picked up to kill a mocking bird in a 2nd hand shop recently, its on the 'to read pile'

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox