Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Smart Girls Get What They Want


Evening all! I'm a real sucker for cute covers and this book definitely qualifies: Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer. The story is really sweet and fun, and while I read it last year, I was reminded of it recently so I decided to do a matching mani.


I started with a base of China Glaze For Audrey. On the middle of each nail I sponged on Barry M Blue Moon and on the tips I sponged using Barry M Matt White. Then I painted the tips with Orly Liquid Vinyl.


For the stripey nails I began with a base of Barry M Matt White, then I taped off the nails using striping tape and filled in the gaps using Sinful Colors Boogie Nights.


The cover of this book and Sarah's new release have undergone a cover change, the new ones are gorgeous, but I have to say I'm glad I got a chance to convert this one into a mani because it has all the elements I find easiest to re-create: great colours and a fun pattern.

10 comments:

  1. I love those colours! If only I had nails! And they really match the cover too (which is a pretty sweet cover, I might add!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection.

    Not only are the colors themselves beautiful, but as a whole it looks fantastic and would be so much fun for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super cute! i love the color combo and the stripes. i remember thinking this book looked like a cute read. i will have to pick it up when i get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! Super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I would love to know how you store your nail polish! I have so many that are in a drawer that doesn't make it easy to see what I have or find the colour I want! Any tips or tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah - thanks! And you can pretty up your nails no matter the length ;)

    Jamie & Katie - thanks, girls!

    Leah - you're right, it does have a summery feel, and thank you!

    Thuy - It is a really cute and fun story!

    Belle - thanks, lovely! I currently store my polish in boxes from Bunnings and I have some photos, so I will do a post. Most nail polish bloggers like drawers on wheels like Helmers from Ikea but I've heard a rumour they may be discontinuing them or re-releasing them. They store a lot of polish! Oh and I store mine grouped in colours and they each get coded and I have a list with the codes and the polish names etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this mani's colour combo, can you believe I am yet to own For Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! the combination is fab :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox