Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Skylark


Hey there! I had a whirlwind week in Portland filled with lots of vegan eats and good times with friends! I'm sorry if you follow me via Instagram and have had to put up with dozens of photos of food rather than polish (but food photos are good too, right?!) I didn't want to (and couldn't) remove my previous mani but I finally went and had it professionally removed today in NYC, so I am in the middle of doing a new book manicure now and will hopefully have some nail photos up soon!

Painting my nails reminded me that it had been a week since I posted, so I thought I better share another manicure I did before I left for my holiday.


This mani is for Skylark by Meagan Spooner. Meagan tweeted me a little while back when some authors were re-tweeting my posts so when a friend, Shaheen, was kind enough to send me a spare copy of Skylark, I knew I had to do my nails to match.



I started with two coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl. I took a small piece of make up sponge and added Wet N Wild On a Trip to the top of each nail, followed by Mode Luv-A-Lot. On the middle of each nail I sponged on Nail It! Belle Vista. Just above the tips I sponged Zoya Caitlin. Finally I dabbed on some Barry M Matt White.



I really wanted to include some of the thorny swirls featured on the cover but when I tried to do them with a nail art pen they did not show up well against the background colours, and when I did them with grey and silver polish I had the same problem, so I left this mani as is even though I would have preferred to add more detail.

And that's it for today! Hopefully I can get a few more posts up while I'm on holiday :)

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Have fun at BEA! Tell the Epic Reads girls and Snarkles that I love them, and tell Jennifer Armentrout I love her too. :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! and glad you removed the old mani professionally. better than doing it incorrectly and ruining your nails. can't wait to see the bea updates. also, food pics are totally acceptable and encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colours together - this is a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Feel like I could get lost in the depth of these. Love them my dear! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox