Monday, 6 May 2013

How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You


Hey everyone, I hope you've had a good start to the week!

I read a really fun book last week, How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You, and did my nails to match the colours and the graphics on the cover.


I did a post last week on easy nail art and included chevron-fishtail nails (there's a tute at Chalkboard Nails), so I decided to do some for this book, using the colours of the title and the author's name. The base is Barry M Matt White, the pink is an unnamed Australis (it came in a pack of 3), and the blue is Zoya Yummy.


On the index finger I used the same pink polish and a fine brush to do the lips. On my ring finger I used Glam Nails nail art pen in Jet Black to draw the outline of Aurora (the main character). I sponged Australis Sinfully Sweet to colour in her dress, Urban Decay Naked for her hair, and dabbed a bit of the unnamed pink on her lips.


My Aurora doesn't have quite the same facial expression as on the cover - at this scale it was hard to do any more detail, but I'm happy with how she turned out.


I've got a few more manis to share before I head off to the USA next week (excitement!) If you have any tips on good nail supply stores in L.A, PDX, or NYC, let me know!

12 comments:

  1. i can't believe you drew the main character. wow. and i love the chevrons. that's totally a look that i have been meaning to try. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness it's like we're twins!!! Sorry, getting a tad carried away there at finding a fellow Aussie who loves to read, bake and polish!
    This Mani is abso-freaking-lutely incredible!! There isn't a single thing I don't love about it! The Girl, the Chevrons, THE PINK! <3
    I'm a new follower! Yay!
    Stopping by with MY MM!
    Happy Painting! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mandee! It looks amazing, you did a great job drawing Aurora & I love the chevron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww wow these are so awesome :) love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What a super job! The book is captured beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New favorite mani! I love how fun and whimsical it is, and it perfectly matches the cover! I tried the chevron-fishtail nails and although it didn't come out quite as well as yours, I was surprised by how easy it was. Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. Seems like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable, you did a great job on this manicure. I love the chevrons and the colors match together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cris - thanks!

    Thuy - I had a practice on paper first ;) And I hope you try the chevron, when I first saw it I thought it would be possible, but it's not too hard

    Carmen - I love how excited you are, now I'm excited!!! I love that we like the same things :D

    Sharon, Katie, Lisa - thank you!

    Magz - I'm glad you tried the fishtail-chevron nails. When I first saw them I was like "no way can I do that" but a friend did them and said it was easy so I gave it a go!

    Britt - hmm, this defo isn't my longest time spent on a mani, but it's longer than just painting them one colour!

    UnitedinB - thanks, I'm glad you like ti

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on page 19 in the July 2013 issue of Girlfriend Magazine.... Well done!! Love this mani!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox