Saturday, 11 May 2013

Dead Romantic


Morning all! A few weeks ago I was feeling a bit uninspired nail-wise so I asked my boyfriend to pick the next book for me. He chose Dead Romantic by CJ Skuse based on the spine which features the same graphics as the front cover.


On my index and ring fingers I started with a base of Orly Liquid Vinyl. Then I used Barry M Matt White and a thin brush to paint the skull and heart. I then went over the skull with Australis Acid Rain and over the heart with Sinful Colors Cream Pink.


For the blue nails I used Sinful Colors Gorgeous and then a fine brush and Barry M Matt White to paint the lightening and Orly Liquid Vinyl for the stitches.


I had to re-do this one, the first skull I painted looked more like a jellyfish! I still think mine looks less skull-like that the book but I was happy because I had recently purchased the green polish and it matched perfectly.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, I'm planning on packing my suitcase in preparation for my flight to the USA next week!


9 comments:

  1. Love these nails. They are super funky and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love these nails! Dead Romantic was such a funny book and I loved it so I'm really pleased to see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun! Sinful 'Gorgeous' is just that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOH, Cool! Really cool! This site is an absolute goldmine for middle school English teachers for whom manis are divine!!!!

    I love this cover mani. Great job. As usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good job on the skull. i haven't heard of this book but it looks pretty fun. hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Mandee, you're like a freaking manicure goddess! *falls to knees* I'm not worthy! ;)
    Love this mani and I love the look of this book, I'm going to add it to the tbr pile! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. this mani is so amazing. one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox