Tuesday, 2 April 2013

The Mimosa Tree


Today I have one of my favourite recent manicures for a wonderful new Australian YA novel. Sometimes I do book manis and they look a bit odd out of context, but when they're next to the book cover, they make sense. I don't think this is the case with this manicure, to me it looks like normal nail art.

The book is The Mimosa Tree by Antonella Preto and I knew from the moment I saw the gorgeous cover that I would have to attempt a mani to match.

I started with a base of Barry M Matt White. Then I sponged Orly Lemonade onto the top third of each nail. I followed this with Zoya Dove on the middle of each nail and then Orly Liquid Vinyl on the tips. Finally I took a dotting tool and Zoya Creamy to add the dots on the top of each nail.




Don't you just love the watercolour-style cover? I want to frame it and hang it up :)


15 comments:

  1. I love everything about this - the mani, the book cover, grey and yellow together.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are GORGEOUS. The watercolor effect is just pretty :)

    Can you please please please do mine when we (finally) get to meet?! That would be SO COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's simple and beautiful and just great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UKNailRunner - thanks so much! It's a colour combo I want to use more often :)

    Alexa - YES! We can have a nail day when I get to NYC!

    Leah - thanks, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE this- the cover for Mimosa is so beautiful and I just love how well your nails represent it. You do such awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that cover and your mani. Great color combo. I adore your blog concept, keep up the noce work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Romi & Lucia - thank you both so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous mani Mands! I love the yellow in the cover and the yellow and black work amazingly well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that cover is beautiful and your nails look awesome.

    fishgirl182 @ nite lite book reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, GB, Thuy - thank you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is so gorgeous!! As a fellow bibliophile I have to tell you I love the thought and idea you put into to each of your manicures. Amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox