Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Touch of Power, The Midnight Dress, and Alex as Well


What What! I'm back with another three manis, all for books I loved!

First up: Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder. There are many versions of this cover but I like this Aussie one the most and wanted to recreate the hills and the tattoo. For the green hill nails I used 1 coat of Sinful Colors Mint Apple. Then I sponged on L.A Colors Color Craze Shock (there are two versions of this shade with the same code, one is orangey and the other is yellow, I used the yellow and went over it with the orange). On the tips I sponged on Zoya Suvi. I dotted on Couleur Caramel White then went over the dots with L.A Colors Color Craze Force and Zoya Caitlin. Then I stuck on a few diamantes. For the tattoo nails I used L.A Colors Color Craze Force (the orangey version) then stamped used Orly Liquid Vinyl and Konad image plate M21.




Next is The Midnight Dress by Karen Foxlee, I love the gorgeous rich navy blue of the cover and the buttons and thread. I used Barry M Navy (2 coats) for the base. The large pale button is Nail It! Belle Vista, the other large button is Sinful Colors Savage, and the little button and the thread was done with Barry M Blue Moon.




And finally Alex as Well by Alyssa Brugman. For this book I took the colours from the cover and an aspect for the book, the main character, Alex, wants to be more girly so she buys herself a knock-off Bedazzler and  adds some bling to her clothes. The base pink on the pinkie and the dots on the ring finger were done with Bloom Grace. The pink glitter under the dots is Bloom Lucille and the lighter pink glitter on the pinkie is O.P.I Teenage Dream. The base blue is Nail It! Belle Vista, the blue glitter is O.P.I Last Friday Night. I stamped the ribbon using Konad image plate M56 and added diamontes to a few nails.


And thanks to all my new followers & commenters, I'm glad you guys are enjoying my manis :)

9 comments:

  1. Preeeeeeeetty... I really like the extra little details, especially in the Alex is Well designs.

    I'd love to see a nail polish collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Midnight Dress mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little buttons on the Midnight Dress mani! And the orange accent nails for Touch of Power are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite has to be the manicure you did for Touch of Power! It's just gorgeous. After seeing the Aussie cover, I definitely want it now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and died. This is the best thing ever. I will probably stalk you forever.

    I've been dying to have a feature for manicures on my book blog for ages now! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has got to be the greatest book/beauty combo blog ever! :-) These are all such amazing and design appropriate manis. I adore the Touch of Power nail set especially—such intricate and beautiful design work. I wish I could get bookish nails, but I'm afraid mine would be a gooey mess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH, your Touch of Power nails look so fancy and professional! The colors are amazing and go perfectly with the book. That cover is gorgeous too. I'm excited because I have the perfect blue for The Midnight Dress. Haha. I don't even know who I am anymore. :) I love the colors on Alex As Well. Great work, Mands. I love these.

    -Mags

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very talented at nails! I think Touch of Power has to be my favourite. I could never ever get my nails to look that good, but wow.

    Fabulous nails and I can't wait to see more. It's such an innovative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox