Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Life in Outer Space


Hey folks! This mani is one of my faves, and it's also for one of my fave books of 2013 - I don't think it's too early to make that call!

The book is Life in Outer Space and it's the debut novel by Aussie author, Melissa Keil. I knew from the moment I saw this amazing cover that I had to do my nails to match.

For the base coat I used 2 coats of Australis Aqua. Then I taped off my nails diagonally and painted the tips with Zoya Creamy. Once they were dry I taped off the opposite angle and painted the tips with Zoya Maura.  Then I took a double ended dotting tool and did the dots with Zoya Snow White and Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream.





Melissa is really lovely so I tweeted her a photo when I did these and she arranged to get her nails done for the book launch, here's her matching mani



Awesome right? So, if you want a fantastic story filled with amazing characters and plenty of film and music references, you should check this book out (it's even avail. for Kindle in the USA) and then you could paint your nails to match!


15 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant mani! I love dots and these colours work so well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! & agreed the colours work really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Those covers reflect the cover so brilliantly. Your so talented and I'm definitely looking out for this book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous blog. Love the idea behind the book inspired nails, gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful mani and so nice to see the inspiration for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these nails. Love the book. Love that Melissa got hers done for the launch as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Creamy and Maura look so good together. Aaaand now I want to read the book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie-Louise - thanks so much!

    KarenD - thanks :)

    Magz - Love your comment :D

    Amanda - eee, thanks for dropping by! I hope you enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Will check the book out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excuse me. May I chime in to say that I LOVE THIS, TOO?

    LOL. It's fabulous!

    Your work positively tickles me.

    Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Katja!

    Lisa - thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox