Sunday, 17 March 2013

Hidden, Prodigy, The Indigo Spell, and Shadow & Bone


Hey kidlets! How's your weekend going? Autumn is in the air in Sydney, it's a little chilly while still being a gorgeous, sunny day. And, I have some cupcakes baking right now, they should be ready once I'm done with this post!

Today I have another four manicures to share and then I will be almost caught up on all my previously shared manis and I can start blogging about them as I do them!

First up is Hidden by Marianne Curley. It's paranormal YA featuring angels which would usually put me off a book, but in this case it worked. For this mani I did 2 coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl, then I taped off the tips of my nails and painted them with Zoya Tart. I used Konad image plate M77 to stamp on the feathers with Zoya Snow White.



Next up is the sequel to a very popular book, Prodigy by Marie Lu. Again I started with 2 coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl (it really is the best black polish). Over the middle of each nail I sponged on Zoya Freya and then over that I sponged Natio Turquoise. I used a very pointy dotting tool (from a MASH Nail brush set) to draw the eagle on the ring finger using Orly Liquid Vinyl.




The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead is one of my favourite recent reads, her books are always a lot of fun. I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Secret Periwinkle. On the ring and thumb nails I stamped using Orly Luxe but it didn't show up as well as I hoped so I stamped over the top using Barry M Navy Blue and Konad image plate M77. I also used Barry M Navy Blue on the rest of the nails along with Konad image plate M63.




And lastly is Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo! I used 2 coats of Zoya Freya and then I stamped using Orly Liquid Vinyl and Konad image plate M63. I used L.A Colors Art Deco Striper in Red Glitter to add dashes of red in between the lines. 




I did attempt to free hand some white antlers on my ring nail but it looked bad so I re-did that nail! I also attempted my first water marbling mani before doing this one, but it was an epic fail, so I went with this look instead :)

I'm off to get my cupcakes out of the oven and I hope you all have a fantastic rest of the weekend! xox

17 comments:

  1. These are all just gorgeous! I adore the colours of The Indigo Spell nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are all gorgeous. My favorite post so far. Love the blue tips on the Hidden nails, and the sponged turquoise for Prodigy... and the red/gray/black swirls for Shadow & Bone are too perfect! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shadow & Bone mani is GORGEOUS! I would totally love to learn how to do it. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just in love with these!!

    Is there a way to follow through email or Bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Pleeeease do some video tutorials on your manis! They're gorgeous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! The Shadow and Bone especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just too too clever, I love them all!! Hope your cupcakes were yummo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so talented! Those nails are all gorgeous and I'm really jealous now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all wonderful! I like the Prodigy and Shadow & Bone best, but they are all great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so talented, Mandee! I think my favorite here is the Prodigy manicure, but all are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I am completely in awe of the Shadow & Bone and Prodigy nails! Well, really all of them. I wish I had your nail wizardry talents. :-) So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome! First time to your blog. LOVE THESE NAILS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my gosh, mandee. you are so talented. your nails look amazing and i love coming to this blog to check them out.

    i cant even pick my fave mani on here, but i love how you did prodigy xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, everyone!

    Sugar & Snark - I'll look into it!

    Eszter - no video tutes planned for the time being but you'll find lots on youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your manis! I thought I was the only person who matched my nails to my books! I'm so glad to find someone else who does this! And you do it sooo well, much better than I ever could! I did try to a Shadow and Bone mani a while back. Here's the link to that. http://mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com/2012/07/mani-monday-shadow-and-bone.html

    I'll be checking back to see your creations for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Allison! Thanks for dropping by, I'll be sure to check your manis out :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your site (through Libba Bray's twitter!) and it's amazing! I love love love the Shadow and Bone nails!

    I'm feeling super inspired to try something like it this weekend - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox