Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Girl Defective and All This Could End


Today I have manis to match two recent Aussie YA releases. First up is Girl Defective by Simmone Howell. Simmone is one of my favourite authors and I was so excited for this book! I decided to do some nails to match the wonderful cover.

I started by painting my nails with Barry M Matt White. Then I taped the nails off diagonally and painted the top half with Orly Liquid Vinyl. Once they were dry I added a line of red using Glam Nails nail art pen in Cherry Red. I added the tear on my ring nail using Glam Nails art pen in Baby Blue.




And this next mani is for All This Could End by Steph Bowe, another book that I loved. I really like the colours used for the title and I used them as my inspiration.

For the peachy nails I used Barry M Peach Melba, for the white I used Barry M Matt White, and for the blue I used Sinful Colors* Matte Savage. Once dry I taped off the tips diagonally and painted them with Orly Liquid Vinyl.



Both of these manis were inspired by the colours used on the covers and were pretty simple to do. Using tape to section off your nails is a really quick and easy way to create nail art without too much effort. I'll have a post up soon on easy nail art :)


*Sinful Colors is now owned by Revlon, a company that still uses animal testing, so I won't be buying this brand any more.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love that Girl Defective manicure. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you've convinced me, I need to get some Orly Liquid Vinyl ASAP! I may attempt your Girl Defective manicure. Love the colors and that cherry stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one for All This Could End - absolutely GORGEOUS. And the book looks incredible too. I think I want to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara - thanks, hun!

    Magz - Yes, Orly Liquid Vinyl is the best black polish and I bet you'll be able to find a red art pen easily, if not, use a sharpie!

    Alexa - thanks! The book is wonderful :) Maybe I'll bring a copy to NYC?

    Cindy - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, as always. Love the little tear detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both but the first one, with the lil´ tear, is my favorite :)
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox