Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Galaxies, splotches, vines and more!


I have some more manis to catch up on today!

First up is Glow, a book that totally surprised me. The moment I saw the cover I knew I had to attempt a galaxy mani and while it was time consuming, I was really happy with the finished look. I started with this tute  by Jacki at Adventures in Acetone - it has great instructions and photos. The base is 2 coats of WnW Eggplant Frost then 1 coat of Orly Fowl Play. I sponged on Zoya Snow White, Zoya Tart, WnW Chrome Hog-Quartz Chrome, and WnW Chrome Precious Petals. Then I dabbed on Nubar Sugar. And finally a coat of Orly Shine On Crazy Diamond plus a couple of diamontes.



Next up the base is 2 coats of Barry M Emerald Green, then I stamped using Orly Liquid Vinyl and Konad image plate M21.



Scarlet was one of my favourite reads last year and there was something about the green cover and the vines that made me want to do my nails. I added the accent nail with a knife because that's Scarlet's weapon of choice. For the green nails I did 1 layer of Zoya Suvi then 1 layer of Zoya Gemma. I used Orly Liquid Vinyl for the leaves with Konad image plate M21. The accent nail is 2 coats of Zoya Maura and then I used a dotting tool and a skinny paint brush to do the knife using Orly Liquid Vinyl and Orly Dazzle.



When I get an idea in my head for a book mani, I usually spend a fair bit of time thinking about it before I do it. The cover of What's Left of Me had me thinking of those craft scissors with the different blades and I rushed out that day to find some with a squiggly blade. I painted 1 coat of Zoya Dana then I stamped on Zoya Perrie in the middle and Zoya Yummy on the tips. I cut some sticky tape with the crafty scissors, taped off my nails, then painted Zoya Dove over the top.



And I want to say thanks to my brand new followers and commenters - I really appreciate the support :)

11 comments:

  1. I love your 'splat' stamping, and that's a super shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That galaxy manicure is seriously gorgeous. Looks like an intense process, but fun! I'm going to have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog - I've loved all the book manicures I've seen on Tumblr and I'm always happy to see more. You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have absolutely no skill with painting nails - I rarely do it because I don't have the patience to make them look perfect - But I LOVE looking at all your beautiful Nail-Book-Art, Mandee! They're fantastic.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. UKNailRunner - it's one of my fave greens!

    Nikki - You should definitely try it, the tute is great

    Liviana - thank you!

    Kim - Hey hun! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your galaxy mani is amazing. I think I actually gasped when I first saw it. I love the greens in Quintana and Scarlet, and your interpretation of What's Left of Me is better than the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are AMAZING. As I looked at each one I was like, "oh, that's my favourte", "no that one is", "oh my god no it's that one". You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magz - Thanks! I wasn't happy with my What's Left of Me mani but it grew on me! And I feel like doing another galaxy mani now!

    Belle - haha, I don't know about clever, but Im glad you like them all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am IN LOVE with the one for Glow. I love it so, so much! I can't stop staring at it, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Glow nails are just gorgeous--RIDICULOUSLY gorgeous! And the Scarlet ones are beautiful too. Great job! --N

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexa - that's how I felt when I had that mani on, I spent a lot of time staring at my nails ;)

    Noelle - hey!! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox