Sunday, 24 March 2013

Fingerprints of You


Evening everyone! I hope you've all had a great weekend :)

Today I have one of my favourite manicures to share, and it's for a fantastic book, Fingerprints of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia. I did this all free hand and wanted to try and capture the tattoo-look of the cover.



The base of these nails is ChiChi Can't Buy My Love which I bought recently, it was the perfect colour for the aged parchment-look of the cover.

I painted the pink petals with Zoya Maya and a small brush. I added the stems with L.A Colors Art Deco Striper in Bright Green. I used L.A Colors Color Craze Shock for the centre of each flower (I have two versions of this polish, both have the same name on the bottle but one is more yellow and the other is orange. I used the orangey version.)

I also used the L.A Colors Art Deco Striper in Bright Green to paint the hummingbird's chest, wings and the top of his head. I added Zoya Maya to his face and added some L.A Colors Craze Sea Siren to the wings.

I used a Glam Nails nail art pen in Jet Black to do the outline and details on the flowers, stems, and the hummingbird.

Finally I sponged Barry M Mushroom on the tops and base of the nails to add to the parchment-look.




This was a lot of fun to do, and it was nice to do something different from stamping and taping. I'd love to have a go at the font used for Kristen's name or the title but I'll save that for another day ;)


17 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, you're so talented Miss Mandee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet, I love the colours and I have a soft spot for tattoos too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are beyond gorgeous! I have always loved this cover and the nail designs complement it perfectly. I swear, stalking this blog is my new addiction. :-) I can't wait to see which cover you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic manicure! i have been wanting to read this book for a while.love the tattoo styling of the cover. can't believe you did it freehand. it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in complete awe of your skills. This is SO completely fabulous, and I think you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this cover and your nails are seriously amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is easily one of my favorite book covers & you did a ridiculously wonderful job capturing the feel & look!

    I have to ask though - do both hands have the same art? 'cause I'm a lefty and, yeah, there's NO. WAY. I could ever paint that using my right hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH :O
    This is just AMAZING :)
    I love that lil hummingbird :)
    hugs
    xx

    Oh btw, I have awarded you on my blog :)
    http://shortylegsbeauty.blogspot.fi/2013/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing to do freestyle! I haven't painted my nails in ages, but in the last week I've been inspired to get some beautiful shades. I think to start of with I'll look into nail decals to customise my look :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leah - I do try and do both hands, I'm a righty, so my left hand always looks better and it's the one I photograph. My right hand never looks as good unless it's something simple like polka dots. But practice makes perfect so I do try and do my right hand, too :)

    Shorty - thanks!

    Katja - great idea! Decals/stickers/stamping are really easy and fun ways to decorate your nails :)

    Thanks, everyone xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome! I'm very impressed. Love the cover and love the nails you've done to match.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belle - you're a doll for commenting on all my posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the base colour! i love nudey colours, so its perfect! the bok cover is beautiful! how do you find these amazing covers!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude! You're so talented, it's ridic! I love this one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox